Revlon Creme Brulee Lip Butter Review

Hi guys!
-
Yesterday I brought a Revlon lip butter after I heard Tanya Burr say how much she loves them! Personally I am not very daring with colour so steered away from the neon orange and hot pink and went for the subtle colour 'Creme Brulee'. This colour actually reminds me of my MAC blankety lipstick because it's quite a dark pink nude colour. The product was £7.99 which is quite a lot for basically a tinted lip balm, however I do think that pricing them higher than a Baby Lips is correct because Baby Lips are lip balms where as Revlon lip butters a more lipstick-like and they are packaged much more tastefully.
-
So as you can tell the packaging is pretty classy for a drugstore product. I think Revlon really excel in their packaging because the products look pretty counter-worthy to me. 
 The packaing of the actual lip butter is not what you would expect of a normal lip balm type product because this is more lipstick-type packaging, also my Chanel lipstick has a very similar tube part except you get a lot less with the Chanel lipstick.
 As you can tell from the swatch the product is quite shimmery and not matte at all. I would wear this over a lipstick for moisture and shine and maybe on it's own for a daytime look.
 If you can't see what the writing says it's - 095 Creme Brulee
 Sorry about the little chip on the side of this lipstick, when I was putting the case on the lipstick I wasn't looking what I was doing and chipped it (this has happened twice now). The one thing I don't like about this product is the amount of product you get. In the picture this is about half way rolled up, add about half a centimetre and that is literally all the product you get so I would find myself re-purchasing this a lot.
-
Overall this product is one of my new favourite products and I can see myself buying quite a range of colours from this line. Comment below your favourite colour!

3 comments: