Basic Make Up Kit

Hey guys
-
If you are just starting to wear make up but have no idea what to buy, I am doing a post today on the basic make up kit that will be cheap as well as cover everything you need from foundation to lipstick. Obviously these products are just my personal preference/well known products so you could change some if you wanted to.
-
-
So starting with foundation there have been many reviews of people loving the Revlon Colorstay Foundation with SPF 6. Tanya Burr used it in the latest video the 'Lily Collins Make Up Tutorial' and she looked flawless in it. I think this is a good foundation to start with because it has medium coverage and it's for combination/normal skin. 
Next is the famous Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I had shade 2 which was the wrong colour, so I thought that I really didn't like it, however after nipping down to Boots and picking up shade 1 I fell in love. It has great coverage and a lightening effect.
The Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is the powder that everyone loves. I have one in my drawer that I will use as my powder when my MAC Studio Fix powder runs out. I do really like this foundation and it's always my go to powder when I just need a quick blot.
The Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer is my favourite bronzer of all time. I do like the MAC bronzer but this Bourjois bronzer gives much more of a natural colour.
The Sleek Blushes are beautiful high quality blushes and my favourite colour is Rose Gold. Rose Gold is highly pigmented and has some shimmer which could act as a highlight and blush duo.
The Colour Tattoos are creamy eye shadows which are often compared to the MAC Paintpots. They come in a gorgeous range of colours and they are pretty small so you can have them to hand at school.
 Black Eyeliners are just a basic make up product that can be useful all the time. You could line your waterline or your upper and lower lashlines. I love black eyeliner but you could use a navy, grey, brown, white or nude liner for different effects.
 The Falsies mascara is another classic product that everyone loves. It is a really great drugstore foundation and I would even compare it to a high end mascara like the Benefit They're Real mascara.
The MUA Lipstick Shade 15 is a pretty, neutral shade that is prefect for a starter lipstick. Not only is it cheap, but it's also moisturising and has a good colour.
-
So there is my basic starter make up kit. These are just the basics to complete a full, pretty make up look everyday. Thank you for reading!
Love Claudia
xx

2 comments:

  1. that foundation really is amazing! it has really good coverage and I wear it everyday. I have quite oily skin but its fine and i wear shade caramel and it suits me really well on my skin tone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this will be my holiday foundation this year!xx

      Delete