Do Or Don't: Eyebrow Waxing

Hey guys
-
Today I am going to be debating the question everyone wants the answer to - should I wax my eyebrows?. Now let's clear one thing up - always go to a salon. I had my eyebrows waxed for the first time last Thursday and it's an understatement to say that I was nervous. I went to a local salon and it cost me £7, and let's be honest that isn't going to break the bank. So I went in to the little room at the back and filled out a form then they cleaned the area, showed me in a mirror what they were going to take off, applied the wax which wasn't that hot, then just went right in with the waxing. I was in and out in literally two minutes. I know my eyebrows were not the easiest to work with because there were overplucked at the front and back, and underplucked underneath. I have such a low pain threshold that I can barely pluck two hairs without my eyes watering and putting down the tweezers in self pity, so they're never really 'perfect'. This meant that when they actually were waxed the lovely lady couldn't remove parts of my brows because they still had to fill in. I'm not going to lie this did confuse me a bit because let's be honest who wants patchy brows. So basically when I got home I just quickly plucked the few stray hairs to neaten them up a bit. Now they did tell me that it's not recommended to put make up on that area after but let me tell you they were red raw, so of course I attacked them with concealer, and of course, I ended up with some spotty brows. So let this be a warning to you - if you get your eyebrows waxed, DO NOT put make up on afterwards! The spots have cleared up now and I am genuinely pleased with them. I'm not going to take a picture because I have no make up on at the minute so I will spare you of that horror for today, however if I post any eyeshadow looks I have been loving etc on twitter then you may catch a glimpse. I'm going to rank the methods in terms of pain, 1 being the easiest and 4 being the most painful. Now this is just my experience so please don't go getting your eyebrows waxed because I said it was fine then end up crying in the shop - be sure to go off what you know best, this is just from my experience.
-
1. Waxing (Didn't hurt at all)
2. Shaving (Not recommended - been there, done that)
3.Plucking (Not my favourite)
4. Threading (I literally cried in the shop and they had to call my mum down)
-
So there is just my overview on the subject. I would say go for it - at the end of the day you pay around £10 for a good shape and clean look. I don't find that it hurts anywhere near as much as threading or even plucking. The plucking that the lady did after the waxing actually hurt more. Well enjoy the sunshine guys and I am actually going away soon so I won't be posting for a while, however when I do expect lots of holiday essentials, airport looks, and what's in my beach bag posts! 
Love Claudia
xx

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting mine done tomorrow! so glad i read this

    ReplyDelete